It’s a new year, and that means new books and new resolutions!
Here’s a list of Bookish Resolutions for any book lover that wants to get back into the swing of reading, or maybe continue setting a fiery trail of reading in 2017!
- Leave Your Comfort Zone. This advice fits in to every day life as well as books. Read genres you normally don’t read. Read authors you’ve never heard of before. Try indie and self-published books–read diverse authors. Kick your comfort zone behind.
- Visit Your Local Library. Some people are really good at visiting their local library, but I know that personally I don’t go nearly as much as I should. Not only does it save you money, but it supports libraries, too. Not to mention that the time limit to turn it in will encourage you to actually finish the books you pick up.
- Sharing is Caring. Donate or let your friends borrow beloved stories that you’ve enjoyed. Spread the love of reading in any way that you can.
- Don’t Push Yourself. There are a lot of challenges on Tumblr and Goodreads to read a lot of books, and this is great! But remember what reading is for–it’s for learning, entertainment, enlightenment. It’s not about how many books you read, it’s about what you take out of the ones you’re reading.
- Love What You Read. Don’t like a book? Don’t finish it! It’s a waste of time, and there are books out there worth reading. And don’t be ashamed of what you do like. Read shamelessly and greedily and don’t listen to anyone who tries to put you down for your tastes.
That’s all I’ve got for now!
Happy reading, and Happy New Years, from my family to yours!