- WRITE MORE. No matter how much you wrote last year, always aspire to write more!
- Build a Platform/Readership. Even if you have thousands of fans on Twitter, you can always focus even more on your fanbase. Connect to more people, create a Facebook Page for yourself, etc. And make fans you already have feel more appreciated.
- Read More. Broaden your readership. Read things you normally wouldn’t read. Have a taste from different walks of life.
- Finish More Projects. Don’t just start them; finish them!
- Submit More! Branching off of #4, once you’re done polishing and perfecting your projects, submit, submit, submit! You submitted 40 poems last year? Make this year’s goal 50. Keep pushing yourself.
- Broaden Horizons. Try writing something in a different genre than your normal genre. Try writing short stories though you usually write novels, or vice versa. Switch it up a little.
- Connect to More Writers. You can never have too many connections. Connect on Twitter, through friends, through a blog, go to a convention, etc. Make new writer friends!
Have any more? Add a comment to let me know what’s going to be on your New Years’ Resolution List for 2016!